Side Door allows Artists to discover and directly communicate with Hosts, plan the details of a show, and manage ticketing if they choose.
There are two main ways to find Hosts as an Artist:
a) Discover a Host’s Show Call in the Connect tab
b) Create your own Show Call and let Hosts discover you
*Plain and simple, a Show Call is a request for a show – either a Host seeking Artists or an Artist seeking Hosts (more on Show Calls here).
Discover Hosts in the Connect tab
1. To message Hosts you will need to make sure you have created an Artist profile, and have logged into Side Door. (Haven’t done that before? Click here).
2. After logging in you can access the Connect tab from the three horizontal bars in the top right of your screen, or the globe icon at the bottom of your mobile device (see image below). Here you can find Show Calls from Hosts looking for Artists.
*Currently Artists cannot message Artists without a Host Profile and Hosts cannot message Hosts without an Artist Profile, but this is in the works!
3. Make sure the circular arrow icon is yellow and says “Hosts seeking Artists” beside it. If it is blue and says “Artists seeking Hosts,” click the circular arrow icon to toggle it to “Hosts seeking Artists.”
4. Browse Host Show Calls, or enter your location into the search bar to narrow your search. Hit the grey slider icon to the right of the search bar to filter your search based on Upcoming Dates, Newest Show Calls, or whether a PA system is required. More search parameters are on the way!
5. If you’re interested in a Host, click on their Show Call. Here you can check out their profile and Show Call details, or send them a message.
6. After sending them a message, a Show Call Thread will open in the Messages tab. This can be found by clicking the speech bubble icon at the bottom of your mobile device (see image below), or on the left sidebar of a computer’s browser. Any responses will appear here. After the Host responds, the ability to begin booking a show will appear directly in the chat. You can delete a Show Call Thread or review the Host’s Show Call at any time by clicking on the three little dots in the top right of a chat and selecting the corresponding option. You may also take another look at the Host’s profile by clicking on their name at the top of the chat.
Create Your Own Show Call
Have a city and date range in mind, but need a Host? Create your own Show Call and help Hosts find you. By creating a Show Call, you’ll not only appear in a Host’s search results when they’re looking for Artists in the location you’ve specified, but all hosts in your desired area will receive an email notification. This will allow Hosts to message you directly and initiate the show booking process. For full details on how to create a Show Call, please see the article here.