1. Make sure you're logged in to Side Door! (Haven’t done that before? Click here)
2. Make sure you’ve selected the profile you’d like to search for matches for! You can swap profiles by clicking on your profile icon at the top right of the screen to open the menu.
3. Hosts, Presenters, and Artists can click on Discover in the Manage screen to get started.
4. Use the search screen to determine who you are interested in connecting with! (more detailed instructions can be accessed in the articles linked below)
5. Click on Message to indicate your interest in connecting with another user to begin the matching process.
6. After you’ve messaged a user about their profile, they will be notified of the connection request and will receive a notification. You don’t need to do anything else for now. If your notification bell at the top right of your screen is lit up, you may have potential connection requests waiting to be reviewed! (There are a few other places incoming requests show up, including the top left of the Discover page and the main Dashboard page)
7. Clicking on the notification icon opens your inbox, which displays any incoming connection requests. These are artists/venues/presenters that have liked your profile, but you haven't reviewed quite yet. Click on the View All Potential Matches button to view them!
8. If you’re interested in the user that has matched with you, click on Accept to be connected with them! This opens a chat thread in the Connections page which puts you in direct contact with the other user and allows you to begin the booking process at any point (more info on that here). The other user will also be notified that you have responded positively!
9. Not feeling any of your match requests? No problem - click on the X button to remove the request from your screen - the other party isn’t notified, and will have to wait a while before being able to attempt to match with you again.
10. That's it! Keep an eye on your email to hear about any successful match requests, and keep an eye on your notifications to respond to any potential matches that didn't come up in the search page.
PS. Are you an Artist searching for Venues? Do you want to indicate to Venues where you'll be and when, and get boosted in the search results accordingly? Click here to learn more about the Schedule Builder function!
*Schedule Builder is not yet available for hosts