All profile types (Artists, Venues, Presenters) can choose to either self-book a show, or book with a connection made through Side Door. Learn More About Connections Here.
To book a show you will need to make sure you have created an Artist or Host profile and have logged into Side Door. (Haven’t done that before? Click here)
1. After logging in, click on the Side Door logo in the top left of your screen and select Ticketing. This will take you to Your Shows tab, where all of your Upcoming and Past shows will be displayed.
2. Next click the green Plan a Show button near the top left of your screen.
3. Be sure to select the In-Person Show option, rather than an Online Show, by clicking the green Start Planning an In-Person Show button.
4. You will have the option to select a profile from your list of connections, or to complete a Self-Booked show without a connection. Once you’re ready, simply click the green Start Planning button to initiate the booking process.
*For bookings initiated by another party, a message will be sent to your Chat tab. This can be found by clicking the Side Door logo in the top left of the screen, selecting Connect, and navigating from Explore to Chat in the top navigation menu.
5. If you’re booking with one of your connections on Side Door, you can use the chat box (Show Thread) on the right-hand side of the screen to speak directly with them. The Show Thread also logs a history of edits made by any party.
*You can call for a Side Door staff member’s attention by hitting the Support button at the top right of the page, selecting Chat Help, and pressing Open Support Tool.
6. The tabs listed in the left-hand side of the screen: Basics, Ticketing, Promo, Details, and Sign Off, each contain information related to logistical/promotional details. Everybody gets a chance to modify/approve details every step of the way, and a final sign-off at the end is what creates a fully booked and published show!
7. When you’re happy with the information and details in each tab, select Save & Continue to save your edits. If you’re a Host working on a show on your own, you’ll be able to move on. If you’re working on a show thread with another user, you’ll be able to move on to other sections, but cannot finalize the show without their approval. If you’d like to make a change, click Edit to change what you’ve entered and send that information to the other user again. You can track the progress of each show’s requests, modifications, and approvals in the Show Thread to the right of the page!
8. A completed tab will be highlighted in green. When all tabs are green, a sign off option will become available and the show can be confirmed and booked! To see what your show will look like to ticket buyers, click the blue Preview Show button at the top right of the page. Take a moment to review all of the details, and when you’re happy with how everything looks, sign your signature in the box provided at the bottom of the Sign Off tab and click Confirm Details & Sign. Note, if your show is self-booked you will be able to publish without a signature. (Did you get an error message saying you need to set up billing? Click here to find out how!)
9. A sign off indicates final confirmation of a show’s details. Should adjustments be made after this step, that user’s signature will be voided and they will be required to approve the new changes before confirming via sign off once more. (Only applicable to shows that aren’t self-booked)
10. When all details are approved and all parties involved have signed, the show is officially booked! Congrats! You’ll receive an email from Side Door confirming show details and explaining how the show announcement works. Your show’s tickets will automatically go on sale on the agreed-upon date, and if public, will be posted to Side Door’s upcoming shows page. Private shows will create a ticket link and go on sale automatically as well, but will not post anywhere publicly accessible.
Are you looking to plan a festival or a series of shows? Click here for info on how to set up Series ticketing.