To book a show with an Artist:
1. To book a show with an Artist you will need to make sure you have signed up for a Host account (either as a Space or a Presenter), and have logged in to Side Door (Haven’t done that before? Click here).
2. If you have created multiple Host profiles under one email/user account, make sure you’ve selected the profile that you’d like to find Artists with. You can swap between profiles by clicking on your account’s circular profile icon at the top right of the screen, and selecting the appropriate profile from the black side bar that appears (See images below).
3. There are two main ways to search for Artists:
In the navigation menu at the top left of your screen, hover over Browse and select Artists. This option provides an index of the entire Artist catalogue, where you can search the Artist page by keyword. Simply use the search bar at the top of the Artists page.
In the navigation menu at the top left of your screen, click Manage (beside Browse). You will land on the Connect page - Artists will display on this search page according to your profile’s preferences. These are artists that match your chosen preference options, and may be good candidates for you to host!
4. If the Artist has music samples, you’ll be able to toggle between Audio and Gallery above their image, to either listen to their tracks or view their profile picture. To read more about an Artist click on View Profile.
5. When you’ve found an Artist you’d like to work with, message them to request a match. It’s helpful to mention a little bit about your Space and what you have in mind for working together (date, type of show, etc.). Tell the Artist a bit about what their work means to you, it can help them gain a broader picture of who they’re talking to.
6. After you’ve messaged an Artist about their profile, they will be notified of the match request. You don’t need to do anything else for now. If your notification icon at the top right of your screen is lit up, you may have potential match requests waiting to be reviewed! (There are a few other places incoming requests show up, including the top left of the Connect page and your main Dashboard page beside “Requests”)
7. Clicking on the notification icon opens your inbox, displaying any incoming match requests. These are Artists that have liked your profile, but who you haven't decided to match with quite yet. Click on the View All Potential Matches button to view them!
8. If you’re interested in the user that has requested to match with you, click on Accept to be connected with them! This opens up a chat thread in the Connections page, putting you in direct contact with the other user, and allowing you to begin the booking process (more info on that here). The Artist will also be notified that you have responded positively.
9. Not feeling any of your match requests? No problem - click on the X button to remove the request from your screen - the other party isn’t notified, and cannot attempt to match with you again until a later time.
10. That's it! Keep an eye on your email to hear about any successful match requests, and keep an eye on your notifications to respond to any potential matches.